Sunday Mornings call for tasty treats and these muffins are delish!
They are a great use of brown bananas, pretty quick to prep, use only 1 bowl (fewer dishes to wash, yes please!) and they are scrumptious too.
When you allow bananas to turn brown and almost mushy, they become extra sweet, which makes them the perfect ingredient to use when trying to bake using less sugar. These muffins use agave nectar as a sugar substitution which adds a slightly “nutty” flavor and make slivered almonds the perfect complement!
Take to bananas out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you cook start prepping!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2/3 cups coconut oil
1/2 cups agave nectar
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cups slivered almonds or walnuts
Prepare your muffin tin by greasing all 12 muffin cups.
Melt coconut oil in the microwave until it’s fully liquid. Add agave and whisk, once combined, add 2 eggs and combine thoroughly. Add in bananas, baking soda, vanilla, chia seeds, salt and flour. Mix to combine and until dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Fold in nuts.
Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let these babies school and serve!
Enjoy the perfect little snack, quick breakfast or mid-morning pick me up!
It’s back to school, and though we know you’ll miss those little cutie pies if you are a parent or a grandparent, the great news is that now you can get back to your routine. The kiddos are back at school and you hopefully have some time for yourself! Because some much needed “me” time is in order, we’ve rounded up the best amazon finds for your workout success and bonus, you’ll have them in 2 days or less!
1. Barre/Pilates socks- The worst feeling in the world is doing a really good plank only to notice your feet slipping out from under you, but never fear, barre socks are here (Yes, I know that rhymes!). These puppies are inexpensive and will add much-needed traction and stabilization while you get down and dirty with your yoga mat! https://amzn.to/2MQtelG
Kira’s #1 Pick!
2. Speaking of Yoga mats you definitely need this one, it’s a “knee pad” to put atop your yoga mat. Those planks hurt your wrist or depending upon where you’re doing your at-home workout you can feel the hard floor crushing your back, hence this pad! It adds much-needed cushion without hindering your workout. https://amzn.to/2ZCaInj
3. Resistance bands are some of the best tools for workouts, your inner thighs have probably never been so sore after doing a resistance band workout! These bad boys come in a variety of strengths too with a little cool carrying case! https://amzn.to/2MPkts9
For those stylin’ gals!
4. If you plan to workout at the gym a stylish workout bag is a must! Check out the Kate Spade “That’s the spirit” black tote. It’s not terribly large so it’s easy to transport and there’s enough room for all your equipment plus a change of clothes. It also has a zipper so you don’t have to worry about losing things! https://amzn.to/2MQeK5w
5. Don’t forget your earpods with lightning connector! You don’t want to be stuck without them, how will you know how many sets of scissors you have left or better yet, how will you hear when Kira makes a really funny joke (cause you really don’t want to miss those!). https://amzn.to/2zKCeAh
Check out the Fittbe Apps on iOS and GooglePlay! Links below are for unlimited At Home Pilates on both stores!
Have you all come across any Barre themed t-shirts that you love? I have a pretty cute tank that says “meet me at the barre!” – and I love it. There are so many cute barre themed T’s that get you in the mood to move!
Do you guys have any that you particularly love? If so, take a pic and tag #Fittbe on #Instagram next time you sport it – @Fittbe_Workouts
Blueberry smoothies are an all time “Fittbe Fave”! Antioxidants galore, and the color seems to make them an extra treat! These blueberry smoothies are also so simple to make!
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
1 cup of yogurt (greek yogurt is our favorite)
1 cup of blueberries (frozen)
1/2 cup of a second sweet fruit (eg. mango or strawberry)
3 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder (we love the one the carry at Trade Joes)
1 cup spinach leaves
3/4’s cup almond milk
Garnish with mint and a few whole fresh blueberries
Simply blend together in a good blender. If you like your smoothie a bit thicker, use less milk, and if you’d like it a bit more drinkable, use more! If you’d like it sweeter, we suggest just a bit of agave nectar!
Your next challenge in the #12DaysofFittbe! Do a face mask..either sheet or other.
We recently tried those sheet masks from Trader Joe’s and thought they were amazing. 20 minutes of calm luxury!
It was refreshing and hydrating. We haven’t tried too many other sheet masks, so if you have a recommendation be sure to let us know on instagram as we all help each other to keep the Holidays calm, healthy, and lovely!
If you have finished today’s challenge – day 6 already! Then, be sure to save your social media graphic below and share on instagram! Tag us @Fittbe_Workouts ????